Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you want everything to be perfect. From the flowers to the dress, you’ve put months of planning into every detail. But, once the day is over, all that’s left to remember it by are the photos. That’s why it’s essential to make sure your wedding photos are as picture-perfect as possible.
Here are some wedding photography expert tips to ensure that your wedding photos are everything you’ve dreamed of:
- Have a touch-up makeup set handy. Sweat and tears can ruin a fresh look, but having a touch-up makeup kit on hand will ensure you look great from start to finish. It’s important to have a compact mirror, blotting papers, and a few essential makeup items such as lip gloss, lipstick, and powder. If you’re working with a makeup artist, you can ask them for guidance on creating your touch-up makeup kit.
- Stay hydrated. It’s essential to keep drinking water throughout the day so you feel hydrated, but you’ll want to avoid smudging your lipstick! Opt for using a straw throughout the entire day!
- Clean your rings. Your photographer will want to take a few detail shots, and these look a whole lot better if your rings have been cleaned and polished. Be sure to send your rings in for a cleaning before your big day, or keep some ring cleaner on hand to get rid of smudges on the day.
- Get someone to keep a few tissues. You never know when you might need a tissue on your wedding day, so ask one or two people in your wedding party to keep some handy.
- Consider buying sweat-proof clothing. The last thing you want in your photos is sweat marks. Whether you know you and your groom will be anxiously sweating (in a good way!) or you know it’s going to be hot on your wedding day, sweat-proof clothing will avoid unsightly marks in your wedding photos. You can also look for sweat-proof undergarments that wick away sweat, so you can stay comfortable and dry.
- Keep a disposable toothbrush in one of the bathrooms. If your photographer will be sticking around for photos after you eat, it’s best to give your teeth a quick brush. This way, your teeth will look great in all of your photos.
- Buy a beautiful hanger. A wedding dress always looks more beautiful when it hangs from a beautiful hanger. These are inexpensive and will make a big difference in your wedding dress photos.
- Clear up the room. Before your photographer takes those super fun getting-ready photos, clear up the room. Get rid of clutter, including trash, handbags, accessories, and anything that shouldn’t be in any of the shots. A clean and organized room will make for a more visually pleasing photo and help to keep the focus on you and your bridal party.
- Create a shot list. Don’t forget to create a photo list for your photographer before the day. This way, you can focus on enjoying the photos instead of worrying about whether your photographer is getting all the shots you had in mind. You will have peace of mind that you’ll get all the photos you want and that nothing is missed.
- Have a plan B for the weather. Sometimes, even the most carefully planned outdoor wedding photos will require a backup plan if there’s unexpected rain or wind. So, it’s always a good idea to have a plan B for the weather. Whether it’s another location or an indoor option, having a plan B set in place will ensure that you can still get the beautiful photos you want even if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
By following these tips, you can look forward to eye-catching wedding photos that you will love looking back on over and over again. Your wedding day is a huge milestone in your life and it’s important to have beautiful, heart-warming memories to look back on. With these expert tips, you can ensure that your wedding photos are everything you’ve dreamed of and more.